2 days in the Loire Valley
Discover the Loire Valley, its wines and cultural heritage
Car or Minivan
+33 610 23 56 34
for more information
From 390 €/person
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – 2 days in the Loire Valley
(Here’s an example of an itinerary)
DAY 1 : Paris – Chambord - Vouvray
The Loire Valley is the land of the good life: majestic castles where French kings used to hunt and rest, fine food and home of the most vibrant, zesty white wines produced in France (Sancerre, Pouilly Fumé, Vouvray…)
- 8 am: Pick up at your hôtel in Paris
- Arrive in Chambord around 11 :15am. Chambord is the largest Château in the Loire Valley. It was built to serve as a hunting lodge for King François 1er. Chambord the most recognisable castle in the Loire because of its distinctive and outstanding Renaissance architecture.
Free visit with audio guide – Lenght : from 1h1/2 to 2 hours with the gardens
- Lunch within the property of Chambord – Bistrot style
- Afternoon time in the small village of Vouvray is the world capital for Chenin Blanc, a white grape variety that attains its highest expression in the mineral soils of Vouvray. Visit of Chateau Gaudrelle, a family winery nestled in the typical chalky troglodythe caves of Vouvray. Alexandre Monmousseau will give us a tour of his caves and share with us his passion for the wine making process of the still and sparkling Vouvray
- Scenic drive along the Loire river to go back to the village of Semblançay.
- Dinner and overnight at the Gite du Plessis de la Gagnerie, a renovated former hunting house with 3 luxuous bedrooms, located at the heart of a private forest dedicated to the “Chasse à Courre” (hunting with dogs). Wine tasting conducted by Geraldine – 3 wines – Discover the diversity of Loire Valley wines
DAY 2 : Semblançay – Villandry - Paris
- Departure at 10am after breakfast
- Arrive around 10 :30 am to the Château de Villandry*
Villandry* is another castle built in the 16th century and it is extremely famous for its Renaissance gardens that include a water garden, ornamental flower gardens and vegetable gardens. The gardens are laid out in formal patterns created with low box hedges. Fantastic all year long !
Free visit – Lenght : from 1h1/2 to 2 hours with the gardens
- Visit and lunch at the UNESCO city of Tours. Walk around the old Tours and the carefully restored half-timbered townhouses. Lunch around the very popular Place Plumereau and its countless cafes and restaurants.
- Return to Paris around 7pm (2h1/2 drive) depending on traffic
* The Loire Valley has so many castles you can choose from: Chenonceaux, Cheverny, Clos de Lucé, Amboise, Blois…..
Prices & Departure dates
Every day from May to October
2 days trip from Paris. From 2 to 6 participants.
This is YOUR tour. If you wish to visit a specific local wine producer or stop at another castle than Chaumont Sur Loire (for example: Chambord, Chenonceaux …), please let us know at the time of reservation
- 2 people min: 550€ / pers
- 3 to 4 people: 480€ / pers
- 5 to 6 people: 390€ / pers
- Transportation by car or mini van
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- All visits and tastings
- Full time bilingual guide
- Saturday night dinner + Wine tasting of 3 wines from the Loire Valley (Geraldine will introduce the characteristics of the local wines, sparkling, white, red and sweet as well as the wine tasting techniques)
- Sunday breakfast
- Luxuous guest house (Double room with 1 large queen size bed or 2 single beds)
- Lunches ( 20 euro max).
30% deposit at the time of reservation
There will be a 15% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.