2 days in the Loire Valley
Discover the Loire Valley, its wines and cultural heritage
GroupMin. 2 / Max. 6 pers.
DeparturePick-up at your hotel in Paris
TastingMin. 2 persons
LanguageFrench or English
Car or Minivan
+33 610 23 56 34
for more information
From 220 €/person
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – 2 days in the Loire Valley
(Here’s an example of an itinerary)
DAY 1 : Paris – Vouvray - Tours
The Loire Valley is the land of the good life: majestic castles where French kings used to hunt and rest, fine food and home of the most vibrant, zesty white wines produced in France (Sancerre, Pouilly Fumé, Vouvray…)
- Departure: 8 am (pick up at your hotel in Paris)
- Arrive in Vouvray around 10:30am. Vouvray is the world capital for Chenin Blanc, a white grape variety that attains its highest expression in the mineral soils of Vouvray. Visit of Chateau Gaudrelle, a family winery nestled in the typical chalky troglodythe caves of Vouvray. Alexandre Monmousseau will give us a tour of his caves and share with us his passion for the wine making process of the still and sparkling Vouvray/
- Visit and lunch at the UNESCO city of Tours. Walk around the old Tours and the carefully restored half-timbered townhouses. Lunch around the very popular Place Plumereau and its countless cafes and restaurants.
- Scenic drive along the Loire river to reach the little village of Semblançay.
- Private Wine tasting of Loire Valley wines conducted by Geraldine
- Dinner and overnight at the Gite du Plessis de la Gagnerie, a renovated former hunting house with 3 luxurious bedrooms, located at the heart of a private forest dedicated to the “Chasse à Courre”.
DAY 2 : Semblançay – Chaumont-Sur-Loire - Paris
- Departure at 10am
- Visit of the Château de Chaumont-Sur-Loire. Once the property of Catherine de Medicis and Diane de Poitiers, the castle, still furnished, is nestling between the cities of Tours and Blois, overlooking the Loire River. It is a natural oasis with its huge park.
- Lunch at the Château de Chaumont
- Return to Paris around 5pm
Prices & Departure dates
Every day from May to October
2 days trip from Paris. From 2 to 6 participants.
This is YOUR tour. If you wish to visit a specific local wine producer or stop at another castle than Chaumont Sur Loire (for example: Chambord, Chenonceaux …), please let us know at the time of reservation
- 2 people min: 350€ / pers
- 3 to 4 people: 290€ / pers
- 5 to 6 people: 220€ / pers
- Transportation by car or mini van
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- All visits and tastings
- Full time bilingual guide
- Saturday night dinner + Wine tasting of 4 wines from the Loire Valley (Geraldine will introduce the characteristics of the local wines, sparkling, white, red and sweet as well as the wine tasting techniques)
- Sunday breakfast
- Luxuous guest house (Double room with 1 large queen size bed or 2 single beds)
- Lunches ( 20 euro max).
30% deposit at the time of reservation
There will be a 15% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.