Champagne day trip from Paris – Private Tour
Discover the essence of Champagne with its beautiful countryside in 1 day
Min. 2 / Max. 7 pers.
Pick up in Paris
French or English
Car or Minivan
+33 610 23 56 34
for more information
From 140 €/person
Geraldine, our bilingual guide grew up in Champagne and is a wine expert
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – Champagne day trip from Paris
Champagne is a vast area with 2 major towns: Epernay and Reims. That’s where you will find the major Champagne Houses. Both can’t be visited in a single day. Please choose ONE of the following itineraries. Price remains the same. Free pick up at your hotel (within Paris)
Itinerary 1: Paris – Epernay
- Pick up at your hotel at 8 am by car or mini van
- Arrive around 10 am at Epernay
- Walk along the Avenue de Champagne, the “Champs-Elysées” of Champagne and admire the most prestigious Champagne Houses
- Visit of the Champagne House, Moet&Chandon*. Visiting Moet is impressive, not only because it is the largest champagne house in the world but also because they own the biggest chalk cellars with 28km labyrinth of caves. Really worth the visit!
- Enjoy the scenic road through the Champagne vineyards from village to village (Ay, Cramant, Avize…)
- Lunch at Hautvillers, a charming village with a small Abbey where Dom Perignon is buried.The famous Benedictine monk who lived in the 18th century improved the champagne method and gave his name to a top cuvée
- Arrive in a charming and authentic family-run estate, Château de Boursault. Chateau de Boursault was once the residence of Veuve Cliquot. Feel the intimacy of a private chateau run by a passionate family for generations. Start the visit in the vineyards, in front of the Renaissance chateau, tour around the traditional vat room and cellar before tasting the family champagnes on the terrasse overlooking he vineyards
- Return to Paris around 8pm (depending on traffic)
* Moet&Chandon also owns the prestigious Dom Perignon. Private tour can be organized upon request. Prices vary from 115/pers to 250€/pers. Please ask for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Itinerary 2: Paris – Reims
- Pick up at your hotel at 8 am by car or mini van
- Arrive in Reims around 10 am
- Visit of Taittinger*, One of the few remaining family owned and operated Champagne houses. The undergrounds are impressive. Parts of the cellars occupy 4th-century Roman stone quarries; other bits were excavated by 13th-century Benedictine monk. If you would like to visit another champagne House, please check the list bellow
- Stop at the Cathedral of Reims. The traditional coronation site of the kings of France, is one of the greatest monuments of Gothic art and architecture
- Leave Reims and drive through the natural park of la Montagne de Reims. Stop in the little village of Sillery for Lunch
- Scenic drive through the vineyards and the traditional villages of Verzenay and Verzy. Admire the lighthouse that overlooks the vineyards
- Visit and tasting at Champagne Sabine Godmé, a family-run estate. Sabine Godmé is located in the village of Verzy. The family has grown vines for generations with passion and the wish of transmission to the next generation. Sabine will share with you the authenticity of the daily life of a small grower in Champagne. Visit will be followed by a tasting of 3 to 4 different champagnes.
- Return to Paris around 8pm (depending on the traffic)
* Other tours are available in Reims: Pommery, Mumm, Veuve Cliquot, Ruinart (70€ extra). Please let us know about your choice at the
time of reservation
We had a great day with Geraldine visiting the Champagne region! The trip consisted of tours of two Champagne houses, one large and one independent. The tours included tasting and the opportunity to buy our favorites. We had lunch at a quaint local village restaurant that included, of course, Champagne tasting! Geraldine arranged all of the trip details, picked us up at our apartment in Paris and drove us to the tours. Geraldine was an excellent guide. She was very knowledgeable of Champagnes, French wines and wines in general. Geraldine’s English is perfect and having spent many years in America related very well to us and our questions. The trip felt more like a day out with a friend than a tour! We will definitely makes of Geraldine’s expertise if we visit again and would highly recommend her to anyone wanting to experience the Champagne region!
Prices & Departure dates
All year long
Day trip from Paris – From 2 to 7 participants – Pick up at your hotel
* Price depends on the number of participants in your group:
- 2 people min: 190€ / pers
- 3 people : 160€ / pers
- 4 to 6 people: 140€ / pers
- Transportation by car or minibus
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Visits to all champagne houses
- Full-time bilingual Wine expert guide
- Lunch is not included (about 20€ extra)
- Personal expenses
30% at the time of reservation
There will be a 15% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.