2 days combining Chablis and Champagne – Private Tour
Un unforgettable trip through the beautiful landscapes of Champagne and visit the charming village of Chablis
Min. 2 / Max. 6 pers.
Pick-up at your hotel in Paris
French or English
Car or Minivan
From 500 €/person
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – 1 day in Chablis / 1 day in Champagne
DAY 1 : Paris – Chablis
Nicknamed the “Golden Door of Burgundy,”the charming village of Chablis is only 180 km from Paris (about 2hours).
- Departure: 8am (pick up at your hotel)
- Arrive around 10:30 am in Chablis
- Visit of Domaine Laroche*. Laroche is probably the most interesting winery to start with. Right in the heart of the village, their aging facilities are located in the caves de l’Obédiencerie, an old monastery, which date back from the 9th century. Visit of the cellars and the old press. Laroche owns about 200 acres in various parts of Chablis. A comparative tasting of their wines will help you understand that there isn’t ONE Chablis but as many Chablis as “Terroir”
- Walk around Chablis. Although people mostly come to sample the wines, the town itself also deserves an exploration – it is a pretty place with some attractive medieval houses, some with ornate door and window openings, and a few other buildings of interest to discover.
- Lunch at the Hostellerie des Clos, an authentic and warm restaurant that serves friendly and Gourmet French food
- Enjoy the scenic drive through the vineyards to see from the top of the vineyards why Chablis produces 4 different wines, Petit Chablis, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru and Chablis Grand Cru. How to understand the concept of “Terroir”? We will also explain how growers work on the vines all year long
- There are only few kilometers from Chablis to the beautiful village of Saint-Bris for a last stop at Domaine Goisot, a family winery run by Jean-Hugues Goisot. Goisot is the passionate leader of “Biodynamic” wines in the area and his wines are truly authentic.
- Arrive and check in at the hotel “The Chateau d’Etoges”*, a romantic XVIIth century Chateau located South of Epernay in a magnificent 20 acres park. The hotel has a gastronomic restaurant and a spa. Dinner there and a good night sleep (silence guaranteed!) http://www.chateau-etoges.com/
* The room will be located in the “Orangerie”, with a direct access to the spa and the restaurant. Double bed in Italian style (or 2 separated beds on prior request), a bathroom with bathtub or shower, air-conditioning, flat screen TV with international channels. Room size : 22 m²
DAY 2 : Epernay - Paris
- 10 AM Pick up at your hotel
- Enjoy the scenic road through the Champagne vineyards from village to village (Ay, Cramant, Avize…)
- 10:30 AM Arrival in Epernay
- Walk along the Avenue de Champagne, the “Champs-Elysées” of Champagne and admire the most prestigious Champagne Houses
- Visit of the Moet&Chandon Champagne House (traditional tour). Enjoy learning about the largest champagne house in the world, take a walk through the biggest chalk cellar in the region and enjoy a glass of Imperial Moêt. Visiting Moêt is impressive not only because it is the largest Champagne House in the world , but also because they own the biggest chalk cellars with a 28km labyrinth of caves. The price includes a traditional group visit of the cellars with 1 glass of Imperial Moêt
- Lunch at Hautvillers, a charming village with a small Abbey where Dom Perignon is buried.The famous Benedictine monk who lived in the 18th century improved the champagne method and gave his name to the most expensive cuvée of Moêt&Chandon
- Arrive in a charming and authentic family-run estate, Château de Boursault*. Chateau de Boursault was once the residence of Veuve Cliquot. Feel the intimacy of a private chateau run by a passionate family for generations. Start the visit in the vineyards, in front of the Renaissance chateau, tour around the traditional vat room and cellar before tasting the family champagnes on the terrasse overlooking he vineyards
- 7:00 PM Return to Paris (depending on traffic)
* Chateau de Boursault or equivalent. Small wineries are not always open for visits. In the event Chateau de Boursault is closed, a visit to a comparable house will be arranged
- Extra tasting (20€ extra for 3 to 4 different champagnes) to a 3rd top-notch Champagne House
- Moêt & Chandon grand vintage (25€ extra): Visit of the historical cellars followed by an initiation to the world of Grand Vintage. The Grand Vintage and the Grand Vintage Rosé convey the cellar master’s unique signature blend of the years’s most remarkable wines
- Dom Perignon Tour (125€ extra): Private cellar visit and single tasting at Dom Perignon. Benedictine monk Pierre Perignon dedicated his life to creating a perfect wine, which would be able to compete with the country’s finest wines
- 2 participants: 650 €/pers
- 3 to 4 participants: 590€
- 5 to 6 people: 500 €/pers
- Transportation by car or mini van
- Free pick up and drop off at your hotel in Paris
- Full time bilingual wine guide
- All visits and tastings
- 1 night in a luxuous Hotel, Chateau d’Etoges, Breakfast included
* supplement for a single room, ask for an estimate
- Lunches and dinner
30% deposit at the time of reservation
Due to hôtel and reservations fees, there will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
Prices & Departure dates
From March to October
2 days wine tour from Paris – From 2 to 7 participants – Pick up at your hotel