2 days in the Loire Valley
Discover the Loire Valley, its wines and cultural heritage
Min. 2 / Max. 6 pers.
Pick-up at your hotel in Paris
Min. 2 persons
French or English
Car or Minivan
+33 610 23 56 34
for more information
From 420 €/person
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – 2 days in the Loire Valley
- Departing from Paris with a pick up at your hotel
- 100% private
- With a bilingual guide. Geraldine is WSET 3, she is experimented, well knowledgable and very sociable !
- Custom-made itineraries (choose the Loire castles you would like to visit)
- 1 night in a confortable guest house with dinner and wine tasting
DAY 1 : Paris – Chambord - Vouvray
The Loire Valley is the land of the good life: majestic castles where French kings used to hunt and rest, fine food and home of the most vibrant, zesty white wines produced in France (Sancerre, Pouilly Fumé, Vouvray…)
- 8 am: Pick up at your hôtel in Paris
- Arrive in Chambord* around 11 :15am. Chambord is the largest Château in the Loire Valley. It was built to serve as a hunting lodge for King François 1er. Chambord the most recognizable castle in the Loire because of its distinctive and outstanding Renaissance architecture.
Free visit with audio guide – Length : from 1h1/2 to 2 hours with the gardens
- Lunch within the property of Chambord – Bistrot style
- Afternoon time in the small village of Vouvray is the world capital for Chenin Blanc, a white grape variety that attains its highest expression in the mineral soils of Vouvray. Visit of Chateau Gaudrelle, a family winery nestled in the typical chalky troglodythe caves of Vouvray. Alexandre Monmousseau will give us a tour of his caves and share with us his passion for the wine making process of the still and sparkling Vouvray
- Scenic drive along the Loire river to go back to the village of Semblançay.
- Dinner and overnight at the Gite du Plessis de la Gagnerie, a renovated former hunting house with 3 luxuous bedrooms, located at the heart of a private forest dedicated to the “Chasse à Courre” (hunting with dogs). Wine tasting conducted by Geraldine – 3 wines – Discover the diversity of Loire Valley wines
* Chambord or : Cheverny, Chenonceaux, Amboise, Azay-le-Rideau, Blois, Chaumont….
DAY 2 : Semblançay – Villandry - Paris
- Departure around 9:00 after Breakfast
- Morning visit of Château de Villandry*. Villandry is another castle built in the 16th century and it is extremely famous for its Renaissance gardens that include a water garden, ornamental flower gardens and vegetable gardens. The gardens are laid out in formal patterns created with low box hedges. Fantastic all year long ! Free visit, Lenght : 1h30
- Lunch in a bistrot style restaurant
- Wine Tasting in Montlouis-Sur-Loire . Domaine Jacky Blot (or equivalent)
Jacky Blot is a figure in the Loire Valley in both appellations Montlouis and Bourgeuil (white and red wines)
- Drive back to Paris (about 2h1/2) around 7/8pm depending on traffic
* The Loire Valley has so many castles you can choose from: Chenonceaux, Cheverny, Clos de Lucé, Amboise, Blois…..
We have just returned from a weekend in the Loire Valley with Geraldine and Wine Domini. She is so professional, and yet, we felt like we were traveling with a friend. She accommodated us in every way, finding ways to make our 5yo daughter feel included and happy. Geraldine went above and beyond, and we felt like we squeezed wine education, good food, sight seeing, and relaxing into less than 48 hours. She is amazing. We can’t wait to go back and see Alain the farmer again.
Shawn – New York
Date of experience: June 2018
Prices & Departure dates
Every day from May to October
2 days trip from Paris. From 2 to 6 participants.
This is YOUR tour. If you wish to visit a specific local wine producer or stop at another castle than Chaumont Sur Loire (for example: Chambord, Chenonceaux …), please let us know at the time of reservation
- 2 people min: 550€ / pers
- 3 to 4 people: 480€ / pers
- 5 to 6 people: 420€ / pers
- Transportation by car or mini van
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- All visits and tastings
- Full time bilingual guide
- Saturday night dinner + Wine tasting of 3 wines from the Loire Valley (Geraldine will introduce the characteristics of the local wines, sparkling, white, red and sweet as well as the wine tasting techniques)
- Sunday breakfast
- Luxuous guest house (Double room with 1 large queen size bed or 2 single beds)
- Lunches ( 20 euro max).
30% deposit at the time of reservation
There will be a 15% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.