Sancerre Private Tour – From Paris
Discover the beautiful medieval village of Sancerre and meet local producers with a full-time wine expert
Min. 2 / Max. 6 pers.
Pick-up at your hotel in Paris
French or English
Car or Minivan
From 170€ / pers
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – Sancerre Private Tour – 1 Day
Paris - Sancerre - Paris
Around 2 hours from Paris, the beautiful small town of Sancerre located at an altitude of 312 meters is overlooking the Loire Valley and the surrounding hills. It was founded in the X century and was a former protestant stronghold. Sancerre is also famous worldwide for its elegant wines based on Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir
- Departure: 7:30am (pick up at your hotel)
- Arrive around 10:00am at Sancerre
- Enjoy a beautiful walk in the narrow and steep streets of Sancerre which have retained their medieval character. Visit La Tour des Fiefs, the only remaining tower from the old castle. From the top, enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the surrounding countryside
- Wine tasting at Domaine Vacheron, one of the most renowned Sancerre producer for its white wines, made of sauvignon Blanc, as well as for its red wines made of Pinot Noir
- Lunch in Sancerre, bistrot style restaurant
- Leave Sancerre and drive through the hilly countryside to go to another smaller village called Thauvenay
- Visit of the cellars + Wine tasting at Eric Louis winery*. The family has been devoted its passion and values to Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir for 5 generations. Private visit of the cellar, explanations on how they elaborate their wines, tasting of 5 wines paired with various goat cheeses
- If time permitted, here are only few kilometers from Sancerre to the beautiful village of Chavignol, the world famous village known for its goat cheese. Stop at a goat cheese factory where you will learn all the secrets about the production of goat cheeses and taste the various types depending on the degree of affinage.
- Return to Paris around 8 pm (depending on traffic)
* wineries are subject to change if not available at the time of your visit. If you have any request regarding a specific producer, please let us know at the time of reservation.
* Price depends on the number of participants in your group (private tour only)
- 2 people: 270 € / pers
- 3 people: 240 €/ pers
- 4 to 5 people: 195€ / pers
- 6 to 7 people: 170€ / pers
- Transportation by car or minibus
- Free pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Visits and tasting at the 2 wineries
- Bilingual professional and wine expert guide
- Lunch is not included (about 20€ extra)
- Personal expenses
30% deposit at the time of reservation
There will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
Sancerre tasting with an expert, custom tailored to your schedule!
My wife and I had a fantastic day trip in early October from Paris to Sancerre, where we visited both small and large vineyards and learned more than we ever knew there was to know about Sancerre! We had a delicious lunch at a restaurant with a breathtaking view, truly enjoyed getting to know Geraldine throughout the day, and never felt rushed at all. Her worldly experience with wine enabled her to put things in terms that we could easily understand. She was very responsive over email during the planning stages and shared recommendations and ideas based on our interests. We hope to visit the area again and would absolutely book another trip with Geraldine!
Exceptional Tour of Sancerre
Geraldine is delightful and extremely knowledgeable about the wine and food of the Eastern Loire (Sancerre, Pouilly). She also has a great depth of understanding around the intricacies of wine making and the various regional particularities of each classic French region (Loire, Champagne, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhône). She’s incredibly warm, patient, and a great teacher. She took our group of 3 from Paris to Sancerre and served as our ambassador, translator, and good company throughout. We look forward our next visit and regional tour with her
Steve M, Washington DC
Prices & Departure dates
From March to October
1 day wine tour from Paris. From 2 to 7 participants