Explore the vineyards and meet the Champagne professionals who will be your hosts.
- Meeting point: Trocadero at 8:30am
- Arrive in Passy-Grigny at 11am. Visit of a winery. 2 centuries ago, a monk called Dom Caudron helped the local growers to buy their first press with … money coming from the church! Visit the historical part of the winery with the old tools, then tour (in English) the modern winery where you will be explained each step of the champagne process. The visit is followed by a tasting of 3 different champagnes
- Scenic drive through the vineyards
- Lunch at Hautvillers in the charming little champagne bar, au 36, that serves a tasting plate of specialities from Champagne
- Abbaye Saint-Pierre d’Hautvillers. The Abbey in Hautvillers is the resting place of the famous Dom Perignon, the monk of champagne fame!
- Small walk in the vineyards and explanations on how the vine grows, its cycles, the soil and the climate.
- Scenic drive through the Montagne de Reims and small villages
- Arrive in Verzy. RELAX ! and enjoy a cup of champagne at the « Perching Bar », a suspended champagne bar in the trees within the Verzy forest. Cool and original (weather permitting. An alternative will be to visit another Champagne House : Louis de Sacy)
Transportation, visits and tastings, NOT lunch (around 20€)