2 days in Champagne – Private tour from Paris
Moêt & Chandon – Veuve Cliquot – DomP – Ruinart – Taittinger – Mumm …
Min. 2 / Max. 7 pers.
Pick up in Paris
French or English
Car or Minivan
From 610 €/person
Geraldine, our bilingual guide grew up in Champagne and is a wine expert
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – 2 days in Champagne – Private tour from Paris
100% private tour
Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Paris
Visit and tasting to 2 major Champagne Houses and 2 family estates
Learn about the process of making Champagne and taste bubbly like an expert
Full-time bilingual guide (Geraldine)
DAY 1: Paris - Reims - Montagne de Reims
- 7:30/ 8 am: pick up in a private vehicle at your Paris hotel
- 10 am arrival in Reims
- Visit Taittinger, one of the few remaining family owned and operated Champagne houses. Tour the impressive cellars; parts of which occupy 4th-century Roman stone quarries; other bits were excavated by 13th century Benedictine monks.
Pommery, Mumm, Veuve Cliquot, Lanson are other options in lieu of Taittinger. The price includes a traditional group visit with 1 glass of champagne.
- Explore the Cathedral of Reims, the traditional coronation site of the kings of France and one of the greatest monuments of Gothic art and architecture.
- Take a scenic drive through la Montagne de Reims to the small little village of Sillery where you have lunch.
- Scenic drive through the vineyards and the traditional villages of Verzenay and Verzy. Admire the lighthouse that overlooks the vineyards
- Visit and tasting at a family-run estate such as champagne Sabine Godmé (or equivalent). Sabine Godmé is located in the village of Verzy. The family has passionately grown vines for generations. Sabine will take you through a day in the life of a small grower in Champagne. The visit will be followed by a tasting of 3 to 4 different champagnes.
- Scenic drive through the mountain of Reims to reach the charming village of Hautvillers.
- 6/7 pm: Drop off at your hotel in Epernay. Au jeu de Paume is an exquisite luxuous guest house in a quiet area, close to downtown Epernay. They will welcome you with a glass of champagne!
ITINERARY 2 : Paris - Epernay - Côte des Blancs
- 9 am: Pick up at your hotel
- Walk along the Avenue de Champagne known as the “Champs-Elysées” of Champagne and admire the most prestigious Champagne Houses
- Visit of the Champagne House, Moet&Chandon (or equivalent). Visiting Moet is impressive, not only because it is the largest champagne house in the world but also because they own the biggest chalk cellars with 28km labyrinth of caves. It is really worth the visit! The price includes a traditional group visit with 1 glass of champagne.
- Enjoy the scenic road through the Champagne vineyards from village to village (Ay, Cramant, Avize…)
- Lunch in the small village of Damery, at the Bateau Lavoir, a typical champagne restaurant in the countryside, by the river Marne
- Arrive in a charming and authentic family-run estate, Château de Boursault. Feel the intimacy of a private chateau run by a passionate family for generations. Start the visit in the vineyards, in front of the Renaissance chateau, tour around the traditional vat room and cellar before tasting the family champagnes on the terrasse overlooking the vineyards.
- Return to Paris around 7pm depending on traffic, drop off at your hotel. Due to heavy traffic arriving in Paris, the return from Champagne can take up to 2.5 hours. Optional: return by train direct from Epernay to Paris in an hour and fifteen minutes (average price: 40€/pers)
- Extra tasting (25€ extra per person for 3 to 4 different champagnes) at a 3rd top-notch Champagne House
- Moêt & Chandon Grand Vintage (25 € extra per person) Visit the historical cellars followed by an initiation to the world of Grand Vintage. The Grand Vintage and the Grand Vintage Rosé convey the cellar master’s unique signature blend of the year’s most remarkable wines
- Dom Perignon Tour (135€ extra per person) Private cellar visit and tasting at Dom Perignon. Benedictine monk Pierre Perignon dedicated his life to creating a perfect champagne, one which would be able to compete with the country’s finest wines. Tour the cellars with a private guide and enjoy a Dom P tasting with your own sommelier
- Bollinger (90€ extra per person). Bollinger isn’t open to public on a regular basis but you can get lucky! Tour of the cellars in the village of Ay close to Epernay and their “Vieilles Vignes” ungrafted plot. The tour is followed by a tasting of 3 cuvées of Bollinger.
- Ruinart Tour (70€ extra per person) This is a small group visit of the outstanding cellars, followed by a tasting of Ruinart Blanc de Blancs and Ruinart Rosé with a sommelier. Ruinart is the oldest champagne house in the world. it was founded by a benedictine monk, Dom Ruinart in 1729
- Billecart-Salmon Tour (60€ extra). This exceptional family house was founded 200 years ago. Over 7 generations, each member of the family has endeavoured to continue the family tradition, staying faithful to the same motto: “Give priority to quality, strive for excellence”.
Prices and Departure days
All year long
1 day trip – From 2 to 7 persons
* Price depends on the number of participants in your group (private tour only)
- 2 people: 745 € / pers
- 3 to 4 people: 690 €/ pers
- 5 to 7 people: 610 € / pers
- Transportation by car or minibus
- Free pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Visits and tastings to all wineries
- 1 night in a luxuous guest house (Breakfast included)
- You guide is a bilingual professional and champagne expert
- All meals
- Personal expenses
30% deposit at the time of reservation. The remainder is due 2 weeks before.
Paypal, Visa or Mastercard accepted
There will be a 30% fee incurred, if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 15 days before. 50% between 14 and 4 days before the tour date. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
Day Trip to Champagne
Tammy and Ronald Richards – November 19, 2019
Fabulous trip to Champagne!
We just spent a wonderful day with Geraldine touring the Champagne region. Geraldine’s service is above and beyond 5 stars, I contacted her several months prior to our holiday as i was trying to arrange something special for my wife’s 40th birthday. Despite many champagne houses being closed during winter Geraldine still managed to put together a bunch of different options for me to chose from. It was great communication from the outset.
The day was fantastic, picked up directly from our apartment we had a lovely chat on the drive out there learning a lot about the region, champagne method as well as just daily life in Paris. The champagne houses were great, Geraldine even looked after our 7 and 4 year old so we my wife and i could do some tastings without distraction. Lunch in a cute french village was another highlight.
All in all this was a great tour, i would highly recommend contacting Geraldine to arrange your bespoke champagne day trip.
Bradley – Adelaide – June 2018