2 days Sancerre&Pouilly Fumé – From Paris
Discover the beautiful villages of Sancerre & Pouilly sur Loire and meet local producers with a full-time wine expert
Min. 2 / Max. 7 pers.
Pick-up at your hotel in Paris
French or English
Car or Minivan
From 630€ / pers
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – Sancerre & Pouilly Fumé – 2 Days
100% private tour
Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Paris
Visit 4 wineries with tastings included
Learn about the process of producing wine and taste like an expert
Full-time bilingual guide (Geraldine)
Around 2.5 hours from Paris, the village of Sancerre is both small and beautiful. It sits at an altitude of 312 meters and overlooks the Loire Valley and the surrounding hills. It was founded in the 10th century and was a former protestant stronghold. On the other side of the river, the village of Pouilly sur is hoime of the famous Pouilly Fumé. Both are famous worldwide for their elegant wines based on Sauvignon Blanc
DAY 1: Paris - Sancerre
- 7:45 am pick up at your hotel in Paris
- 10:30 am arrival in Sancerre
- Enjoy a beautiful walk in the narrow and steep streets of Sancerre which have retained their medieval character. Visit la Tour des Fiefs (during the opening hours), the only remaining tower from the old castle. From the top, enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the surrounding countryside
- Wine tasting at Domaine Vacheron (or equivalent), a Sancerre producer, well-renowned for its white wines, made of Sauvignon Blanc and also for its red wines made of Pinot Noir
- Lunch in Sancerre at a bistrot-style restaurant
- Leave Sancerre and drive through the hilly countryside to go to another smaller village called Thauvenay
- Visit the cellars followed by a wine tasting at Eric Louis Winery (or equivalent). The family has been devoted its passion and values to Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir for five generations. Private visit of the cellar, explanations of their wine production and tasting of five wines paired with various goat cheeses
- If time permits, we will visit the beautiful village of Chavignol which is only a fuw kilometers from Sancerre. Chavignol is a the world-famous village known for its goat cheese. We will stop at a farm where you will learn all the secrets about the production of goat cheese and taste the various types depending on the degree of affinage.
- 6pm: Drop off at “La Pouilly Zotte” , a warm and friendly guest house where you can experiment a night in a gypsy wagon or just … a more classical room https://www.pouillyzotte.com/
- 8pm: Enjoy a gastronomic dinner at the restaurant “La Tour” (upon availability) Restaurant La Tour (latoursancerre.fr)
DAY 2: Pouilly sur Loire - Paris
- 10: 30 am: Pick up at your hotel after a nice breakfast
- Visit and tasting at Chateau de Tracy. Thomas, the domain sommelier, will share with you a friendly moment of sharing. Discover the history, the philosophy and the winemaking process. The visit begins with a tour of the cellar, vat room, followed by a unique commented tasting accompanied by local specialties, cold cuts, cheeses and sweets in partnership with their caterer who works only with local products.
- Leave Tracy and drive through the hilly countryside to go to the village of Pouilly sur Loire
- Walk in the village of Pouilly sur Loire, along the Loire river
- Drive 4 km to reach Chateau de Nozet. This magnificient 19th century chateau, Renaissance style , is overlooking the vineyards. It is home of the worldwide famous producer Domaine Ladoucette. Enjoy the tasting of various cuvées of Sauvignon blanc at the heart of this historical place
- 4pm: Return to Paris
- 6:30/7pm: Drop off at your hotel
Prices and Departure days
From March to October
1 day trip – From 2 to 7 persons
* Price depends on the number of participants in your group (private tour only)
- 2 people min: 810€ / pers
- 3 to 4 people: 750€ / pers
- 5 to 6 people: 630€ / pers
- Transportation by car or minibus
- Free pick up and drop off at your hotel in Paris
- Visits and tasting at 4 wineries
- Overnight in Pouilly sur Loire or Sancerre + Breakfast (double room)
- Lunch 2nd day
- Your guide is a bilingual professional and wine expert
- Lunch 1st day
- Personal expenses
30% deposit at the time of reservation. The remainder is due 2 weeks before.
Paypal, Visa or Mastercard accepted
There will be a 30% fee incurred, if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 15 days before. 50% between 14 and 4 days before the tour date. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
Sancerre tasting with an expert, custom tailored to your schedule!
My wife and I had a fantastic day trip in early October from Paris to Sancerre, where we visited both small and large vineyards and learned more than we ever knew there was to know about Sancerre! We had a delicious lunch at a restaurant with a breathtaking view, truly enjoyed getting to know Geraldine throughout the day, and never felt rushed at all. Her worldly experience with wine enabled her to put things in terms that we could easily understand. She was very responsive over email during the planning stages and shared recommendations and ideas based on our interests. We hope to visit the area again and would absolutely book another trip with Geraldine!
Exceptional Tour of Sancerre
Geraldine is delightful and extremely knowledgeable about the wine and food of the Eastern Loire (Sancerre, Pouilly). She also has a great depth of understanding around the intricacies of wine making and the various regional particularities of each classic French region (Loire, Champagne, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhône). She’s incredibly warm, patient, and a great teacher. She took our group of 3 from Paris to Sancerre and served as our ambassador, translator, and good company throughout. We look forward our next visit and regional tour with her
Steve M, Washington DC