Burgundy wine tour from Paris – 2 days – Private Tour
Experience the beauty and richness of Burgundy’s history as you explore the area of Chablis and Côte de Nuits
Min. 2 / Max. 6 pers.
Pick-up at your hotel in Paris
French or English
Car or Minivan
From 720 €/person
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – 2 days – Chablis & Burgundy
100% private tour
Pick up and drop off at your hotel within Paris
Visit 4 wineries with tastings included
Full-time bilingual guide (Geraldine)
1 night in a 4 star-hotel – Breakfast included
DAY 1 : Paris – Chablis - Gevrey Chambertin
Nicknamed the “Golden Door of Burgundy,” the charming village of Chablis is only 180 km from Paris (about 2 hours).
- Pick up at 8:00am at your hotel in Paris
- Arrive around 10:15 am in Chablis
- Prestige wine tasting at the world famous producer Long Depaquit or Domaine Laroche. These prestigious domaines are a reference for the wines of Chablis which are made from the chardonnay grape. Participate in a side by side tasting of various chablis from different plots to understand the concept of the soil. Wines from Chablis are very diverse and they can teach your palate to capture an infinite number of mineral nuances.
- Walk around Chablis. Although people mostly come to sample the wines, Chablis is a charming village with medieval houses. Enjoy a bucolic walk by the Serain River
- Lunch at the Hostellerie des Clos in Chablis, a warm and friendly restaurant that serves gourmet French food
- Enjoy the scenic drive through the landscape of rolling hills and peaceful villages (Fixin, Marsannay..)
- Stop near the Corton hillside, a unique location in Burgundy for red and white Grands Crus. This is an exceptional place overlooking the vineyards.
- Wine tasting at Corton C, a world famous producer of Corton Pinot Noir
- Arrive in Gevrey-Chambertin. Check in at “Domaine de Saulon”, a peaceful and charming 4-star chateau located in the heart of the “Grands Crus” wine Road in Gevrey-Chambertin.
The Château de Saulon, a hotel-restaurant in Burgundy (chateau-saulon.com)
- Dinner at the restaurant “Les 2 rivières”
DAY 2 : Gevrey Chambertin - Vougeot - Paris
The Côte de Nuits is less than a kilometer wide. It is squeezed between the plains to the East and the hills to the West. The wines from Côte de Nuits are mainly reds because conditions here are ideal for Pinot Noir. They stand out for their elegance and this small area contains the majority of the Bourgogne Grands Crus.
- Leave the hotel at 9:00 am
- Head to the Côte de Nuits Grands Crus Wine Road, known as the “Champs-Elysées” of Burgundy. We will pass through the famous villages of Vosne-Romanée, Gevrey-Chambertin, Chambolle-Musigny,…
- Visit and tasting Domaine RION, 5th generation of wine growers in the most prestigious appellation of Vosne-Romanée. Enjoy a walk in the “Grands Crus” vineyards of la Tâche, La Grande Rue, Romanée-Conti. Depending on the season, you might see workers in the vineyards harvesting, pruning or just simply plowing with horses. Then, visit the winery and taste 5 different appellations including a Chateau Vougeot Grand Cru.
- Visit of Clos Vougeot which is located in the heart of Burgundy’s vineyards. It was built in the 12th century by Cistercian monks to produce their wine. With its medieval vat-house and presses, Cistercian cellar and original kitchens, it forms a unique architectural whole, attracting lovers of history, architecture and wine. It is also the headquarters of the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin which promotes Burgundy wines. To receive the title of “chevalier” is a great achievement and honor.
- Lunch in Chambolle Musigny. “Le Chambolle” is a bistro-style restaurant. Charming and refined, it offers the perfect peaceful setting for lunch.
- Visit and tasting Château de Marsannay at the heart of the vineyards. The visit, lead by an expert sommelier, begins with the stories of thewinemaking process and of the Climats typicality, thanks to a terroir exhibition. The tour continues in the Cistercian cellars and ends with the tasting of Château de Marsannay’s great Burgundy wines, with a view on the Clos de Jeu vines.
- Return to Paris around 9pm (about 3 hours drive, depending on the traffic)
Prices and Departure days
From March to October
1 day trip – From 2 to 7 persons
- 2 participants: 980 €/pers
- 3 to 4 participants: 860 €/pers
- 5 to 6 people: 720 €/pers
- Transportation by car or mini van
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Paris
- Full time bilingual wine guide
- All visits and tastings
- 1 night in a kuxuous guest house, breakfast included
- Lunches and dinner
30% deposit at the time of reservation
Due to hôtel and reservations fees, there will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
Due to Covid, you will be fully reimbursed in case of lockdown or travel impeachment