Burgundy wine tour from Paris – 2 days – Private Tour
Experience the beauty and richness of Burgundy’s history as you explore the area of Chablis and Côte de Nuits
Min. 2 / Max. 6 pers.
Pick-up at your hotel in Paris
French or English
Car or Minivan
From 670 €/person
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – 2 days in Burgundy
100% private tour
Pick up and drop off at your hotel within Paris
Visit 3 wineries with tastings included
Full-time bilingual guide (Geraldine)
1 night in a 3 star-hotel
DAY 1 : Paris – Chablis - Gevrey Chambertin
Nicknamed the “Golden Door of Burgundy,” the charming village of Chablis is only 180 km from Paris (about 2 hours).
- Pick up at 8:00am at your hotel in Paris
- Arrive around 10:15 am in Chablis
- Prestige wine tasting at the world famous producer William Fèvre or Domaine Laroche. These prestigious domaines are a reference for the wines of Chablis which are made from the chardonnay grape. Participate in a side by side tasting of various chablis from different plots to understand the concept of the soil. Wines from Chablis are very diverse and they can teach your palate to capture an infinite number of mineral nuances.
- Walk around Chablis. Although people mostly come to sample the wines, Chablis is a charming village with medieval houses. Enjoy a bucolic walk by the Serain River
- Lunch at the Hostellerie des Clos in Chablis, a warm and friendly restaurant that serves gourmet French food
- Enjoy the serene drive through the landscape of rolling hills and peaceful villages (Fixin, Marsannay..)
- Stop near the Corton hillside, a unique location in Burgundy for red and white Grands Crus. This is an exceptional place overlooking the vineyards.
- Unique wine tasting at Corton C, a world famous producer of Corton Pinot Noir
- Arrive in Gevrey-Chambertin. Check in at “the hotel des Grands Crus”, a peaceful and charming 3-star hotel located in the heart of the “Grands Crus” Wine Road in Gevrey-Chambertin.
DAY 2 : Gevrey Chambertin - Vougeot - Paris
The Côte de Nuits is less than a kilometer wide. It is squeezed between the plains to the East and the hills to the West. The wines from Côte de Nuits are mainly reds because conditions here are ideal for Pinot Noir. They stand out for their elegance and this small area contains the majority of the Bourgogne Grands Crus.
- Leave the hotel at 9:00 am
- Visit Domaine Quivy, located in a charming 18th century castle and enjoy a tasting of their wines.
- Head to the Côte de Nuits Grands Crus Wine Road, known as the “Champs-Elysées” of Burgundy. We will pass through the famous villages of Vosne-Romanée, Gevrey-Chambertin, Chambolle-Musigny,…
- Enjoy a walk in the “Grands Crus” vineyards of la Tâche, La Grande Rue, Romanée-Conti. Depending on the season, you might see workers in the vineyards harvesting, pruning or just simply plowing with horses.
- Lunch in Chambolle Musigny. “Le Chambolle” is a bistro-style restaurant. Charming and refined, it offers the perfect peaceful setting for lunch.
- In the afternoon, visit Clos Vougeot which is located in the heart of Burgundy’s vineyards. It was built in the 12th century by Cistercian monks to produce their wine. With its medieval vat-house and presses, Cistercian cellar and original kitchens, it forms a unique architectural whole, attracting lovers of history, architecture and wine. It is also the headquarters of the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin which promotes Burgundy wines. To receive the title of “chevalier” is a great achievement and honor.
- Return to Paris around 9pm (about 3 hours drive, depending on the traffic)
From March to October
1 day trip – From 2 to 7 persons
Price depends on the number of participants in your group (private tour only)
- 2 participants: 950 €/pers
- 3 to 4 participants: 790€
- 5 to 6 people: 670 €/pers
- Transportation by car or mini van
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel within Paris
- Full time bilingual wine guide
- All visits and tastings
- 1 night stay in a 4 star-hotel, double room, breakfast included
- Lunches (around 20€) and dinners
- Personal expenses
30% deposit at the time of reservation. The remainder is due 2 weeks before.
Paypal, Visa or Mastercard accepted
Due to hotel and train booking fees, there will be a 30% fee incurred, if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 15 days before. 50% between 14 and 4 days before the tour date. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.