Loire Valley private wine tour – 2 days –
Discover the magnificent Loire region, its world-famous wines and historical heritage
Min. 2 / Max.7 pers.
Pick-up at your hotel in Paris
French or English
Car or Minivan
From 580 €/person
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – 2 days in the Loire Valley
100% private tour
Pick up and drop off at your hotel within Paris
Visit and tastings to 2 major wineries and 2 family estates
Full-time bilingual guide (Geraldine)
Day 1: Paris - Chateau de Chambord - Vouvray
Loire Valley is the land of the good life: majestic castles where French kings used to hunt and rest, fine food and home of the most vibrant, zesty white wines produced in France (Sancerre, Pouilly Fumé, Vouvray…) as well as home of the most authentic cabernet franc from Chinon and Bourgueil
- 8 am: Pick up at your hôtel in Paris
- 11 am: Chateau de Chambord. Chambord is the largest Château in the Loire Valley. It was built to serve as a hunting lodge for King François 1er. Chambord is the most recognized castle in the Loire because of its distinctive and outstanding Renaissance architecture.
Free visit with Geraldine – Length : from 1h1/2 to 2 hours with the gardens
- Lunch within the property of Chambord – Bistrot style
- Afternoon time in the small village of Vouvray, the world capital for Chenin Blanc, a white grape variety that attains its highest expression in the mineral soils of Vouvray. Visit + tasting, Chateau Gaudrelle, a family winery nestled in the typical chalky troglodythe caves of Vouvray. Alexandre Monmousseau will give us a tour of his caves and share with us his passion for the wine making process of the still and sparkling Vouvray. The cellar visit will be followed by a private wine tasting of 5 to 6 wines with delicious goat cheeses and porc rillettes.
- Scenic drive along the Loire river to go back to the village of Semblançay.
- Dinner and overnight at the Gite du Plessis de la Gagnerie, a renovated former hunting house with 3 luxuous bedrooms, located at the heart of a private forest dedicated to the “Chasse à Courre” (hunting with hounds). Geraldine will serve you 3 different local wines and explain to the diversity of Loire Valley wines. Wines will be served with a selection of local cheeses. Then, Geraldine will cook a homemade dinner that you will enjoy all together.
The guest house is privatized for us only, it’s in the middle of the forest with horses. Enjoy the walking paths around with access to a nearby lake. In September, it is the breeding season for the deers and you can hear and see the stags roar when they mate
Day 2 - Chateau de Villandry - Montlouis
- Departure around 9:00 after Breakfast
- Morning visit of Château de Villandry* (or equivalent). Villandry is another castle built in the 16th century and it is extremely famous for its Renaissance gardens that include a water garden, ornamental flower gardens and vegetable gardens. The gardens are laid out in formal patterns created with low box hedges. Fantastic all year long ! Free visit, Lenght : 1h30
- Lunch in a bistrot style restaurant
- Wine Tasting in Montlouis-Sur-Loire . Domaine Jacky Blot (or equivalent)
Jacky Blot is a figure in the Loire Valley in both appellations Montlouis and Bourgeuil (white and red wines). Enjoy a private tasting of 5 to 6 wines
- Drive back to Paris (about 2h1/2). Arrive around 7/8pm depending on traffic and drop off at your hotel
* The Loire Valley has so many castles you can choose from: Chenonceaux, Azay-le-Rideau, Cheverny, Clos de Lucé, Amboise, Blois, Chaumont-sur-Loire …
Prices and Departure days
From March to October
1 day trip – From 2 to 7 persons
Depend on the number of people in your group (private tour only)
- 2 people min: 790€ / pers
- 3 to 4 people: 650€ / pers
- 5 to 6 people: 580€ / pers
- Transportation by car or mini van
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Paris
- All visits and tastings
- Full time bilingual guide
- Saturday night dinner + Wine tasting of 3 wines from the Loire Valley (Geraldine will introduce the characteristics of the local wines, sparkling, white, red and sweet as well as the wine tasting techniques)
- Sunday breakfast
- Luxuous guest house (Double room with 1 large queen size bed or 2 single beds) – If you prefer to sleep in a hotel in Tours, it’s also possible
- Lunches ( 20 euro max).
30% deposit at the time of reservation
There will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
Due to Covid, you will be fully reimbursed in case of lockdown or travel impeachment
We have just returned from a weekend in the Loire Valley with Geraldine and Wine Domini. She is so professional, and yet, we felt like we were traveling with a friend. She accommodated us in every way, finding ways to make our 5yo daughter feel included and happy. Geraldine went above and beyond, and we felt like we squeezed wine education, good food, sight seeing, and relaxing into less than 48 hours. She is amazing. We can’t wait to go back and see Alain the farmer again.
Shawn – New York
Date of experience: June 2018
Prices & Departure dates
Every day from April to October
2 days trip from Paris. From 2 to 6 participants.