Bordeaux wine tour from Paris – 2 days – Private Tour
Chateau Tour of Medoc and Saint Emilion with a full-time bilingual wine expert
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – Private Wine Tour to Bordeaux – 2 days
DAY 1 : Medoc area – Home of Cabernet Sauvignon
Medoc means « in the middle of the waters » in old French. Those former marshlands are now famous worldwide for their age-worthy and expensive Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Meeting point at Gare Montparnasse, Paris
- Early morning speed train from Paris to Bordeaux (2h)
- Arrival in Bordeaux Saint Jean. Transfer to car or mini van
- Leave Bordeaux and drive to the Graves area. The vineyards, which are located just South of the city, are famous for their gravel soils, home of Cabernet Sauvignon
- Visit Smith Haut Lafitte. The Classified Chateau, nestled in a 78 hectares vineyard, will unveil for you its 16th century tower, its impressive underground cellars with more than a 1000 barrels and its unique cooperage. The visit will be followed by a tasting of their delicious white and red wines.
- Lunch at La Table du Lavoir. This Bistrot style restaurant belongs to the Sources de Caudalie, a fantastic 5 stars-Hôtel built in the middle of the vineyards. Enjoy a typical French cuisine lunch
- Drive through the Chateau route and pass by mythical names such as Margaux, Saint Julien, Pauillac, Saint-Estephe
- Visit and Tasting at Château Lamothe Bergeron. Feel the intimacy of a private château which has just been restored. Start the visit in the vineyards, in front of the chateau, tour around the traditional vat room and cellar and finish in the beautiful modern tasting room.
- Drive back to Bordeaux, cross the estuary of la Gironde to enter the Right Bank
- Arrive in Saint-Emilion. Check in at the hôtel Logis de la Cadène*. The hôtel is located on a small square in the very centre of the medieval town. With its steep cobbled street, its old golden stone facade and its wisteria arbour, this is a lovely, quiet haven ideal for enjoyment.
- Dinner at l’Envers du Décors. Right in the heart of St Emilion, L’Envers du Décors is the most Bistrot in Saint-Emilion well known its delicious local cuisine and its outstanding list of local wines
* Logis de la Cadène is a very charming luxuous guest house with only 3 rooms. Depending on availability. Double Room, breakfast included.
DAY 2: Saint-Emilion - home of Merlot grape
With Saint-Emilion, UNESCO registred for the first time a vinyard landscape at the world heritage. Saint-Emilion is a charming medieval village located in the heart of the famous Bordeaux wine area. It is a very unique site were world-famous wineries, fine wines, beautiful architecture and great monuments are a perfect match.
- 8h45 : Pick up at your hotel
- 10h : Morning walk to discover the city of Saint-Emilion. This Walking tour will tell you more on the main development stages of the city, from its origins to our times. Wander along the city walls, imagine the monks’ life through the remains of the monasteries
- 11h: Visit and Tasting Château La Dominique. The guided tour will allow you to discover the new spectacular winery, built by the worldwide famous architect Jean Nouvel. , and the barrel cellars of this exceptional Saint-Emilion Grand Cru.
- 12h15 : Lunch at “La Terrasse Rouge” a very chic bistrot style restaurant overlooking the vineyards. Following spectacular renovation of La Dominique in 2013, the Chateau naturally wanted to associate their wines to the South-Western lifestyle and fine cuisine. Rouge”. The chef closely work with local producers to ensure the freshness of the products to be sure that you will enjoy the true fine taste of the South-West, whether you are sampling market garden vegetables, black truffle from Périgord, Marennes-Oléron oysters or Bazadais beef.
- Scenic drive through the vineyards of Saint-Emilion and Pomerol
- 14h30 : Visit and Tasting at Château de Tailhas. This Classical style château is right in the middle of the Pomerol area. Just 20 acres of vines mostly planted in merlot, producing supple and plummy wines
- Return train to Paris : 17h34 Arrive in Paris : 19h47
Price depends on the number of participants in your group:
2 participants: 950 € / pers
3 to 4 participants: 800 €/ pers
5 to 7 participants: 700€/ pers
- Train tickets from Paris to Bordeaux
- Transportation by car or minibus from Bordeaux to all wineries
- Visit to all chateaux
- All the wine tastings
- Tour of Saint-Emilion
- Hotel Night to a 4 stars luxuous guest house, double room, breakfast included
- Full time bilingual wine expert
- Lunches and dinner
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
30% deposit at the time of reservation
Due to hôtel and train booking fees, there will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 15 days before. 50% between 14 and 4 days before the actual tour date . For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
I initially booked the two day trip to Bordeaux in advance of our trip to France. Geraldine responded to my emails promptly and was very professional. Upon meeting her my partner and I found her very personable and knowledgeable. After two fabulous days in Bordeaux with Geraldine we booked a day trip to Champagne with her. We did many tours while in France and by far the best ones were with Geraldine. Definitely the highlight of our trip and an experience we will never forget! Thank you Geraldine!
Paula Grunau – Washington Sate
Prices & Departure dates
All year long2 days in Bordeaux
2 days trip from Paris. (*) Price depending on the number of participants, from 2 to 7 participants.