Bordeaux wine tour from Paris – 2 days – Private Tour
Chateau Tour of Medoc and Saint Emilion with a full-time bilingual wine expert
Geraldine, our bilingual guide, is a wine expert.
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – Private Wine Tour to Bordeaux – 2 days
100% private tour
Full transportation by train and private car
Visit the Medoc area, Saint-Emilion and Pomerol
Visit 4 wineries with tastings included
Full-time bilingual guide (Geraldine)
1 night in a 4 star hotel
DAY 1 : Medoc area – Home of Cabernet Sauvignon
Medoc means “in the middle of the waters” in old French.Those former marshlands are now famous worldwide for their age-worthy and expensive Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Meeting point at Gare Montparnasse, Paris
- Early morning speed train from Paris to Bordeaux (2h)
- Arrival in Bordeaux. Transfer to car or mini van
- Leave Bordeaux and drive to the Graves area. The vineyards, which are located just South of the city, are famous for their gravel soils, home of Cabernet Sauvignon
- Visit Smith Haut Lafitte (or equivalent). The Classified Chateau, nestled in a 78 hectares vineyard, will unveil for you its 16th century tower, its impressive underground cellars with more than a 1000 barrels and its unique cooperage. The visit will be followed by a tasting of their delicious white and red wines.
- Lunch at La Table du Lavoir. This bistrot-style restaurant belongs to the Sources de Caudalie, a fantastic 5 stars-Hôtel built in the middle of the vineyards. Enjoy a typical French cuisine lunch.
- Drive through the Chateau route and pass by mythical names such as Margaux, Saint Julien, Pauillac, Saint-Estephe
- Visit and tasting at Château Lamothe Bergeron (or equivalent). Feel the intimacy of a private château which has just been restored in 2018. Begin the tour in the vineyards, in front of the chateau, tour around the traditional vat room and cellar and finish in the beautiful modern tasting room.
- Drive back to Bordeaux and cross the estuary of la Gironde to reach Saint-Emilion
- Check in at the Hôtel Logis de la Cadène (or equivalent), a very charming luxuous guest house with only 3 rooms. The hôtel is located on a small square in the very centre of the medieval town. With its steep cobbled street, its old golden stone facade, this is a lovely, quiet haven ideal for enjoyment.
- Dinner at l’Envers du Décors which is right in the heart of St Emilion. L’Envers du Décors is the most well-known Bistrot in Saint-Emilion, offering delicious, local cuisine and an outstanding list of local wines.
DAY 2: Saint-Emilion - Home of Merlot grape
Saint-Emilion was the first vineyard to be registred by UNESCO as a world heritage site. It is a charming medieval village located in the heart of the famous Bordeaux wine area. It is a very unique site where world-famous wineries, fine wines, beautiful architecture and great monuments are a perfect match.
- 8:45 pick up at your hotel
- Morning walk to discover the city of Saint-Emilion. This Walking tour will tell you more on the main development stages of the city, from its origins to our times. Wander along the city walls, imagine the monks’ life through the remains of the monastery.
- Visit Château La Dominique (or equivalent). The guided tour will allow you to discover the new spectacular winery, built by the world famous architect Jean Nouvel and the barrel cellars of this exceptional Saint-Emilion Grand Cru. The visit will be followed by a tasting of their red wines.
- Lunch at La Terrasse Rouge, a very chic bistrot style restaurant overlooking the vineyards. Following spectacular renovation of La Dominique in 2013, the Chateau naturally wanted to associate their wines with the South-Western lifestyle and fine cuisine.The chef works closely with local producers to ensure the freshness of the products, whether you are sampling market garden vegetables, black truffle from Périgord, Marennes-Oléron oysters or Bazadais beef.
- Scenic drive through the vineyards of Saint-Emilion and Pomerol
- Pomerol: Visit Château de Tailhas (or equivalent) followed by a tasting of their wines. This Classical style château is right in the middle of the Pomerol area. There are just 20 acres of vines which are primarily merlot grapes. The character of the wine is both supple and plummy.
- Return train to Paris. Arrival time, around 8pm.
Prices and Departure days
From March to October
1 day trip – From 2 to 7 persons
- 2 participants: 980 €/pers
- 3 to 4 participants: 860 €/pers
- 5 to 6 people: 720 €/pers
- Transportation by train first class from Paris to Bordeaux and Bordeaux to Paris
- Rental car or mini van once there
- Full time bilingual wine guide
- All visits and tastings
- 1 night in a luxuous guest house or 4 stars hôtel, breakfast included
- Lunches and dinner
30% deposit at the time of reservation
Due to hôtel and reservations fees, there will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
Due to Covid, you will be fully reimbursed in case of lockdown or travel impeachment
I initially booked the two day trip to Bordeaux in advance of our trip to France. Geraldine responded to my emails promptly and was very professional. Upon meeting her my partner and I found her very personable and knowledgeable. After two fabulous days in Bordeaux with Geraldine we booked a day trip to Champagne with her. We did many tours while in France and by far the best ones were with Geraldine. Definitely the highlight of our trip and an experience we will never forget! Thank you Geraldine!
Paula Grunau – Washington Sate
Fabulous tour with Geraldine
A very well structured tour with our guide Geraldine. She was very good at providing us the details of St Emilion region, winemaking, and its history. She was calm, patient, and very informative. She was very helpful and responded to our queries very well.
Tom and Emily – San Francisco – June 2019