Private champagne tasting
Welcome to the world of bubbles!
2 1/2 hours
Private (min: 2pers max: 10 pers)
4 different champagnes
Métro Ranelagh (line 9)
From 50 €/person
Geraldine, wine expert
Geraldine de Kersaint-Gilly is a Certified Wine Specialist by the Society of Educators (US) and has the Advanced Diploma of the WSET, Wine and Spirit Education Trust (UK). She worked in the New York wine retail business for 9 years. She came back to Paris in September 2011 with her family and founded Wine Domini.
She organizes informal, interactive, yet educational, wine classes in English in a typical French apartment in the heart of the 16th arrondissement.
Small groups of 10 pers max. Possibility to privatize
Champagne is the wine of celebratory moments!
Spend a decadent evening in a typical French apartment. Geraldine, WSET and certified wine specialist, will welcome you in a warm and friendly atmosphere for a unique champagne tasting in Paris.
Take your understanding of French champagne to another level with this unique guided tasting.
- Learn properly how to serve and taste champagne
- Discover how champagne is made from the harvest to the bottling
- Sample 4 different champagnes: Brut, Blanc de blancs, Rosé and vintage
- Geraldine, your host and champagne expert, was born in a family of growers. She knows what she’s talking about!
- Homemade French bites will be served to accompany the champagne (gougères, quiche, cheeses, salmon rillettes…)
Price (from 2 to 10 pers in your party)
- 4 different champagnes
- Small bites (gougères, salmon toasts, cannelés…) and cheeses
- Full-time bilingual champagne expert
What you will learn during the tasting
- Champagne Tasting techniques: how to taste champagne properly- the 3 “s” rule: See, Smell, Sip.
- Learn useful vocabulary when describing champagne
- The characteristics of champagne: the 3 grapes, the soil and the climate
- Champagne making process: the 2 fermentations, the art of blending, disgorging.
- Understand the differences: between Brut, Blancs de Blanc, Rosé, Vintage, Cuvée…
30% at the time of reservation, balance is due 1 week before the event
There will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
…. and, of course, the most important: share quality wine tasting experiences in an enjoyable, educational, yet social setting!
We had a great champagne tasting at Geraldine’s apartment! It was one of the highlights of our trip. Geraldine was very generous, nice and knowledgeable. We enjoyed the champagne selection and the small bites served with the different champagnes. Everything was homemade! (the gougères, the salmon rillettes…). I definitely would recommend to anyone traveling through Paris to check out Wine Domini! Thank you Geraldine!.
Amanda and Steve, Los Angeles, March 2019
I’ve had the pleasure of attending 3 events with Geraldine: 2 wine-tasting/dinners and 1 day trip to Chablis. Each time, Geraldine made the event delicious,entertaining and very informative. I appreciated the casual and relaxed atmosphere while Geraldine made the wine-tasting…
Suzan, New-York, September 2019