Paris – Sancerre – Paris
Only 2 hours from Paris, the small town of Sancerre located at an altitude of 312 meters is overlooking the Loire Valley and the surrounding hills. It was founded in the X century and was a former protestant stronghold. Sancerre is also famous worldwide for its elegant wines based on Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir
- Departure: 8am (pick up at your hotel)
- Arrive around 10:15 am at Sancerre
- First stop at the village of Thauvenay to visit Eric Louis winery*. The family has been devoted its passion and values to Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir for 5 generations. Private visit of the cellar, explanations on how they elaborate their wines, tasting of 5 wines paired with various goat cheeses
- Lunch and walk in the narrow and steep streets of Sancerre which have retained their medieval character. Visit La Tour des Fiefs, the only remaining tower from the old castle. From the top, enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the surrounding countryside
- There are only few kilometers from Sancerre to the beautiful village of Chavignol, the world famous village known for its goat cheese.
- Wine Tasting Henri Beaurgeois winery
- Stop at a goat cheese factory where you will learn all the secrets about the production of goat cheeses and taste the various types depending on the degree of affinage.
- Return to Paris around 8 pm (depending on traffic)* wineries are subject to change if not available at the time of your visit. If you have any request regarding a specific producer, please let us know at the time of reservation.
- 2 to 3 persons: 270€/pers
- 4 to 6 persons: 210€/pers
- Transportation by private car
- Visits to all wineries
- Bilingual professional and champagne expert guide
- Lunch is not included (about 20€ extra)
- Personal expenses
There will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.