Private Wine Tasting and Dinner in Paris
Enjoy a private wine tasting dinner with a wine expert
Private (min: 2 pers max: 8 pers)
Métro Ranelagh (line 9)
Geraldine, wine expert
Geraldine de Kersaint-Gilly is a Certified Wine Specialist by the Society of Educators (US) and has the Advanced Diploma of the WSET, Wine and Spirit Education Trust (UK). She worked in the New York wine retail business for 9 years. She came back to Paris in September 2011 with her family and founded Wine Domini.
She organizes informal, interactive, yet educational, wine classes in English in a typical French apartment in the heart of the 16th arrondissement.
Privatize your tasting with friends or family. From to 2 to 8 people
Experience the perfect combination between the food and the wines. Geraldine isn’t only a wine expert, she is also a good cook! Enjoy a private wine tasting dinner at her place, in the heart of the 16th arrondissement of Paris.
- Meet at Geraldine’s place, a typical French apartment. This is a unique opportunity to discover the French way of living.
- Enjoy a champagne aperitif in the living room where you will learn how the champagne is made, how to drink it and how to appreciate its quality.
- After enjoying the aperitif, take a seat at the dining table, beautifully set with porcelain plates, silverware and of course wine glasses. You will taste a homemade 3-course dinner, paired with 3 wines from Geraldine’s private cellar. Learn the diversity of French wines and practice the art of wine tasting, how to properly evaluate the quality of the wine and how to talk about it.
It is a cozy evening where you will learn a lot about wines and the French way of living. Geraldine is passionate about wine and food pairing, she’s a great host and you will feel at home!
Champagne served with gougères
Chablis Drouhin 2015
Filet Mignon “farci aux fruits secs” served with a Ratatouille crumble
Les Fiefs de Lagrange 2012 – Bordeaux
Sauternes Rabaud-Promis 2016
The menu can be easily adapted to your food allergies
Depends on the number of participants in your group (private dinner only)
- 2 people min: 275 € / pers
- 3 to 5 people : 190 € / pers
- 6 to 8 people: 140 € / pers
- 3 course-meal
- 1 champagne + 3 wines
- Coffee, tea, water
- Full-time bilingual guide
30% deposit at the time of reservation. Balance is due 2 weeks before the event.
There will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
A great way to spend the afternoon!
This was a great experience! Geraldine is a great guide and really helped us with what they wanted to learn. It was a fantastic way to learn how certain cheeses are made and what wines to pair it with. Her choices made me understand why they went with certain cheeses and I did enjoy the champagne and the wines!
Juan, Mexico – November 2019
Truly unique experience!
We really enjoyed Geraldine. She was not only very knowledgeable, but fun! The pairings were lovely. We spent time explaining why some pairings work, others not. Her apartment is warm and cozy. Would highly recommend.
Leslie, Chicago, November 2019
I have been to several of Geraldine’s tastings at her place and we just had one at my home with some friends. They are great tastings!! She is very knowledgable about the wines …. and has some lovely ones to taste. The cheeses were fabulous …. several I hadn’t tried…
Sue, Boston, February 2018