Tour de France of Wines
Friday, September 9
From 8:00pm to 10:30pm
8 pers max + Wine expert
5 wines + dinner
Métro : Ranelagh
(Details will be sent upon reservation)
Tour de France of Wines!
In a typical French apartment, Geraldine, our wine expert, will take you on a road trip straight into the heart of French wine country. You will taste 5 different wines from 5 different wine regions in France. From Champagne to Bordeaux, from the Loire to the Rhône Valley… just sit back and enjoy the Tour de France of Wine. Geraldine style! with a unique and refreshing approach, Geraldine will take you through a variety of themes to build up tour wine knowledge.
- Meet at Geraldine’s place, in the heart of the 16th. This a unique opportunity to discover French wines in a typical Parisian apartment (métro: Ranelagh, line 9)
- Enjoy a champagne aperitif in the living room with French fingerfood, like “gougères”
- Then, take a seat at the dining table where you will be introduced to the diversity of French wines and the art of wine tasting,
- Learn how to taste wines properly- the 3 “s” rule: See, Smell, Sip”
- De-mystify confusing wine labels: how to read a French wine label and understand the concept of terroir
- The tasting is very interactive with games such as blind tasting and recognition of aromas. Geraldine’s wine tasting is a great opportunity to learn the basics of French wines and experience the French way of living. She is passionate about wines and also a great host.
The tasting in details:
- 6 wines + Dinner
- The tasting will take place in a private typical French apartment in the heart of the 16th arrondissement (métro: Ranelagh) and will finish at 10pm
- Learn how to taste wines properly- the 3 “s” rule: See, Smell, Sip” and the useful vocabulary to describe wine
- Learn how to read a Spanish wine label and understand the concept of terroir
- Appreciate the quality of the wine: Balance, complexity and length
- Have fun and learn at the same time! we love playing games during the tasting : recognition of aromas in black glasses, blind tasting and many other team games
- 8 pers max + wine expert
- Full-time wine expert: Geraldine
Géraldine has the WSET 3 and a degree of oenology from the University Jules Guyot in Burgundy
She was born in Champagne in a family of wine growers. Back in Paris in 2012, she started Wine Domini after 10 years in New York
She organizes informal, interactive, yet educational, wine classes in English in a typical French apartment in the heart of the 16th arrondissement.