Wines from Provence
Friday, June 10
8 pers max + Wine expert
5 wines + dinner
Métro : Ranelagh
(Details will be sent upon reservation)
WINES AND SPECIALITIES FROM PROVENCE
Ah, Provence! The name conjures up visions of lavender, sunflowers, olive trees, and wine – lots of wine – white, red and, of course, rosé!
This historic region sits along the Mediterranean coast of France and Provence is blessed with a fantastic climate, especially for grapes. Wine has been made here for over 2600 years, making Provence the oldest wine producing region of France. It is also the only place to focus on Rosé which accounts for more than a half of the total production. But Provence also offer beautiful aromatic and refreshing white wines as well as spicy, full-flavored red wines.
From Marseille to Saint-Tropez, through Bandol and Cassis, let’s begin our trip !
The tasting in details:
- 5 wines + Dinner
- The tasting will take place in a private typical French apartment in the heart of the 16th arrondissement (métro: Ranelagh) and will finish at 10pm
- Learn how to taste wines properly- the 3 “s” rule: See, Smell, Sip” and the useful vocabulary to describe wine
- Learn how to read a Spanish wine label and understand the concept of terroir
- Appreciate the quality of the wine: Balance, complexity and length
- Have fun and learn at the same time! we love playing games during the tasting : recognition of aromas in black glasses, blind tasting and many other team games
- 8 pers max + wine expert (mesures COVID)
- Full-time wine expert: Geraldine
Géraldine has the WSET 3 and a degree of oenology from the University Jules Guyot in Burgundy
She was born in Champagne in a family of wine growers. Back in Paris in 2012, she started Wine Domini after 10 years in New York
She organizes informal, interactive, yet educational, wine classes in English in a typical French apartment in the heart of the 16th arrondissement.