Champagne Private Day Tour – From Paris
Discover the essence of Champagne with its beautiful countryside in 1 day
Min. 2 / Max. 7 pers.
Pick up in Paris
French or English
Car or Minivan
From 195 €/person
Geraldine, our bilingual guide grew up in Champagne and is a wine expert
She has been conducting wine tasting and wine trips for the past 15 years.
She is a knowledgable and friendly guide who will guide and assist you during the whole trip.
Géraldine is CEO of Wine Domini, WSET, CWS, DTO Institute of Oenology – Burgundy
ITINERARY – Champagne Private Day Tour – From Paris
Make your journey to Paris unforgettable, treating yourself with a sparkling day in Champagne
Please choose one of the following itineraries (price remains the same)
- 100% private tour
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel within Paris
- Transportation by car or mini bus depending the size of your group (max: 6 persons)
- Visit and tasting to 1 major Champagne House: Moêt&Chandon, Veuve Cliquot, Mumm, Taittinger, Pommery, Nicolas Feuillatte…
- Visit and tasting of 1 family estate for a truly authentic experience
- Learn about the process of making Champagne and taste bubbly like an expert
- Full-time bilingual guide (Geraldine)
Itinerary 1: Paris - Epernay
- 8:AM Pick up in a private vehicle at your hotel within Paris
- 10:AM Arrival in Epernay
- Walk along the Avenue de Champagne, the “Champs-Elysées” of Champagne and admire the most prestigious Champagne Houses
- Visit of the Moet&Chandon* Champagne House (traditional tour). Enjoy learning about the largest champagne house in the world, take a walk through the biggest chalk cellar in the region and enjoy a glass of Imperial Moêt. Visiting Moêt is impressive not only because it is the largest Champagne House in the world , but also because they own the biggest chalk cellars with a 28km labyrinth of caves. The price includes a traditional group visit of the cellars with 1 glass of Imperial Moêt
- Enjoy the scenic road through the Champagne vineyards from village to village (Ay, Cramant, Avize…)
- Lunch at Hautvillers, a charming village with a small Abbey where Dom Perignon is buried.The famous Benedictine monk who lived in the 18th century improved the champagne method and gave his name to the most expensive cuvée of Moêt&Chandon
- Arrive in a charming and authentic family-run estate, Château de Boursault*. Chateau de Boursault was once the residence of Veuve Cliquot. Feel the intimacy of a private chateau run by a passionate family for generations. Start the visit in the vineyards, in front of the Renaissance chateau, tour around the traditional vat room and cellar before tasting the family champagnes on the terrasse overlooking he vineyards
Chateau de Boursault or equivalent. Small wineries are not always open for visits. In the event Chateau de Boursault is closed, a visit to a comparable house will be arranged
- 7:00 PM Return to Paris (depending on traffic)
Itinerary 2: Paris - Reims
- 8:AM pick up in a private vehicle at your hotel in Paris
- 10:AM Arrival in Reims
- Taittinger visit, one of the few remaining family owned and operated Champagne houses. Tour the impressive cellars, parts occupy 4th-century Roman stone quarries; other bits were excavated by 13th century Benedictine monks.
Note: Pommery, Mumm and Veuve Cliquot are options in lieu of Taittinger. The price includes a traditional group visit with 1 glass of champagne
- Explore the Cathedral of Reims, the traditional coronation site of the kings of France and one of the greatest monuments of Gothic art and architecture
- Take a scenic drive through la Montagne de Reims park to the small little village of Sillery where you will stop for lunch.
- Scenic drive through the vineyards and the traditional villages of Verzenay and Verzy. Admire the lighthouse that overlooks the vineyards
- Visit and tasting at Champagne Sabine Godmé*, a family-run estate. Sabine Godmé is located in the village of Verzy. The family has passionately grown vines for generations. Sabine will take you through a day in the life of a small grower in Champagne. The visit will be followed by a tasting of 3 to 4 different champagnes.
Sabine Godmé or equivalent. Small wineries are not always available for visits but an equivalent house will welcome you in the event Sabine Godmé is closed
- 7:00 PM return to Paris (depending on the traffic
- Extra tasting (20€ extra for 3 to 4 different champagnes) to a 3rd top-notch Champagne House
- Moêt & Chandon grand vintage (25€ extra): Visit of the historical cellars followed by an initiation to the world of Grand Vintage. The Grand Vintage and the Grand Vintage Rosé convey the cellar master’s unique signature blend of the years’s most remarkable wines
- Dom Perignon Tour (125€ extra): Private cellar visit and single tasting at Dom Perignon. Benedictine monk Pierre Perignon dedicated his life to creating a perfect wine, which would be able to compete with the country’s finest wines
- Veuve Cliquot: « Cliquot Signature » A portrait full of finesse of ‘‘la grande dame de la Champagne’’The tour includes a tasting of the Brut Yellow Label cuvée as well as a vintage champagne (25€/pers extra). The tasting takes place in their outstanding historical cellars
- Ruinart: A small group visit of the outstanding old cellars followed by a sommelier led tasting of 2 glasses of Ruinart, Parisian’s favorite champagne (70€/pers extra) – 12 people max, almost exclusive experience in one of the most beautiful cellars of Reims
- Billecart-Salmon: Welcome to the heart of 200 years of history Billecart-Salmon invites you through the doors of the family home since 7 generations to discover the House’s unique savoir-faire on a visit like no other (70€:pers extra)
Price depends on the number of participants in your group (private tour only)
- 2 people min: 255 € / pers
- 3 people : 235 € / pers
- 4 to 5 people: 215 € / pers
- 6 to 7 people: 195 € / pers
- Transportation by car or minibus
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Visits to all champagne houses + Tastings
- Full-time bilingual champagne expert guide
- Lunch is not included (about 25€ extra)
- Personal expenses
Optional return by train:
If you wish to avoid the traffic on our way back to Paris (about 2h1/2), you have the option of returning to Paris on the train. The journey from Reims to Paris is 45mn or Epernay to Paris is 1h15mn. Arrival: Gare de l’Est; Ticket cost: between 25€ and 50€ (price varies depending on the day and time)
30% at the time of reservation, balance is due 2 weeks before the day trip
There will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
Tammy and Ronald Richards – November 19, 2019
Fabulous trip to Champagne!
We just spent a wonderful day with Geraldine touring the Champagne region. Geraldine’s service is above and beyond 5 stars, I contacted her several months prior to our holiday as i was trying to arrange something special for my wife’s 40th birthday. Despite many champagne houses being closed during winter Geraldine still managed to put together a bunch of different options for me to chose from. It was great communication from the outset.
The day was fantastic, picked up directly from our apartment we had a lovely chat on the drive out there learning a lot about the region, champagne method as well as just daily life in Paris. The champagne houses were great, Geraldine even looked after our 7 and 4 year old so we my wife and i could do some tastings without distraction. Lunch in a cute french village was another highlight.
All in all this was a great tour, i would highly recommend contacting Geraldine to arrange your bespoke champagne day trip.
Bradley – Adelaide – June 2018