Private Champagne&Wine tour in Paris
In the heart of the historical 7th arrondissement of Paris, your guide will take you on a journey through senses to discover the diversity of French wines and champagnes
2 1/2 hours
Private (min: 2 pers max: 6 pers)
Meeting point: Musée d’Orsay
From 95 €/person
Geraldine, wine expert
Geraldine de Kersaint-Gilly is a Certified Wine Specialist by the Society of Educators (US) and has the Advanced Diploma of the WSET, Wine and Spirit Education Trust (UK). She worked in the New York wine retail business for 9 years. She came back to Paris in September 2011 with her family and founded Wine Domini.
She organizes informal, interactive, yet educational, wine classes in English in a typical French apartment in the heart of the 16th arrondissement.
Beginning In the heart of the historical 7th arrondissement in Paris, your guide will take you on a journey through the senses to discover the diversity of French wines and champagnes.
On this tour, there’s no need to be a Master Sommelier. Our goal is to present the French wines in an an accessible and friendly environment where you’ll feel right at home.
- Geraldine, your guide, is a local wine expert and native from Champagne. She will take you to 2 different places.
- The first stop will be a bar dedicated entirely to the art of champagne. While tasting 2 different types of champagnes, she will explain to you the art of the champagne process and how to taste it properly. A plate of cheeses and charcuteries will be served to pair with the champagnes.
- A 15 minute walk in the beautiful historical 7th district, will take you to a wonderful wine bar run by passionate wine lovers who sell limited production wines. While sipping 2 glasses of wine, Geraldine will introduce you to the diversity of French wines as well as to the tasting techniques.
This is a wonderful experience with a guide who loves to share her passion for wines and champagnes in a very friendly way. Not to be missed!
Price varies according to the number of people in your party
- 2 pers: 160€/each
- 3 pers: 130€/each
- 4 to 6 pers: 95€/each
- 2 glasses of champagne + 2 glasses of wines
- 1 plate of cheeses/charcuteries
- Full-time bilingual wine expert (WSET3)
- 100% private
30% deposit at the time of reservation. Balance is due 2 weeks before the day trip.
There will be a 30% fee incurred if a confirmed tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the actual tour date and a 50% fee if cancelled between 3 to 7 days. For cancellations made within 3 days, no refund will be provided.
We had a great champagne tasting at Geraldine’s apartment! It was one of the highlights of our trip. Geraldine was very generous, nice and knowledgeable. We enjoyed the champagne selection and the small bites served with the different champagnes. Everything was homemade! (the gougères, the salmon rillettes…). I definitely would recommend to anyone traveling through Paris to check out Wine Domini! Thank you Geraldine!.
Amanda and Steve, Los Angeles, March 2019
I’ve had the pleasure of attending 3 events with Geraldine: 2 wine-tasting/dinners and 1 day trip to Chablis. Each time, Geraldine made the event delicious,entertaining and very informative. I appreciated the casual and relaxed atmosphere while Geraldine made the wine-tasting…
Suzan, New-York, September 2019
Great wine & champagne experience! (from TripAdvisor)
Geraldine is most gracious and we enjoyed a relaxing evening with her. We sampled several classic French varieties of wines and champagnes in very Parisian bars. Geraldine does a fantastic job of choosing exceptional wines and champagnes from small growers and then blending useful education through review of a very smart presentation that caters to those with very little knowledge of wine yet still offering useful insights to more savvy enthusiasts! Well done!
John and Clara, Houston, June 2019